Friday, March 9, 2012

8 weeks

We told our families (& a lot of our friends/coworkers know too.) They really liked the books we made for them with the announcement at the end. My mom took it to church with her the next day & was showing it to everyone. I think everyone is thoroughly excited to have another little one coming.

How far along are you? 8 weeks

Current cravings? Sour candy. Egg salad sandwich or deviled eggs sound pretty good too.

Food aversions? Lots of things.

Gender? For some reason I’d be really surprised if we were told girl. Maybe it’s because I’m used to the idea of being the mother to a boy.

Any milestones? I had my first doctor’s appointment. My uterus seems to measuring exactly where it should be so that is a good sign. I also got my first ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday. Hoping to see a little heartbeat.

Other symptoms? Nausea if I don’t eat soon enough or eat the wrong thing. I am so tired. I fell asleep on the couch last night at 7:30. This isn’t good since we’re moving this weekend & there is a TON still left to do. I just don’t have the energy to do it. Never again will I move while pregnant.

Maternity clothes? I did go out and purchase a nice large haul of new maternity clothes Monday night. I’m currently wearing the maternity leggings. All leggings should be maternity leggings. So much comfier that being cut off in the middle.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? I keep doubting my ability to love this next child as much as I love Connor. I hear it’s possible though.

What I miss? I miss having the energy to stay awake.

What I’m looking forward to? First ultrasound & getting back into our Everett house.

No comments: