Thursday, March 8, 2012

7 weeks

How far along are you? 7 weeks

Current cravings? Pecan tarts. Good thing I’ll get some on Saturday!

Food aversions? Not really. I definitely know what doesn’t sound good though when Garrett suggests dinner options.

Gender? I am thinking boy. I think I’d be really happy with another boy. Obviously I’d be happy with either though.

Any milestones? I think the baby is growing arms & legs this week (or maybe it was last week???)

Other symptoms? Nausea here & there. Soooooo tired. My nose is stuffed up when I try to sleep. It makes breathing difficult. So as if that doesn’t wake me up enough on its own, Garrett has to wake me up when I snore. I think I was a little mean to him last night when he woke me up. Do NOT wake up a pregnant lady.

It’s getting a little trickier to hide the little bean. Even though the baby is only the size of a blueberry my stomach is noticeably rounder than it was in November. Probably a combination of bloat, organs being pushed up & being a 2nd time mom are to blame. Good thing we’re telling our family this weekend before they have a chance to ask any embarrassing questions. That’s what every girl wants, to have to reply, “no, I’m not pregnant, I’ve eaten too many Christmas treats.”

Maternity clothes? Not yet. I believe Julia is getting me a gift card to Motherhood Maternity so it’ll be a little harder to resist purchasing when I have free money in my hand.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? I’m getting a sneak peak at what it’s like to have 2 kids. Last time if I was tired, I would lie on the couch or go to bed super early. This time I have a sweet, energetic boy to take care of. Definitely a little trickier in that regard but he’s a good distraction from the exhaustion. Work however is not a good distraction. I sit here feeling exhausted all.day.long.

What I miss? A nose that remembers how to breath.

What I’m looking forward to? First ultrasound. I have my first doctor appointment on 12/27/11 so hopefully they’ll schedule an ultrasound soon after.

No comments: