Monday, March 5, 2012

4 Weeks/Finding out

4 Weeks (and 5 days)

I’m going to attempt to keep this blog updated during this pregnancy like I did last time. Obviously my hands are a little fuller this time around but I think this child deserves my best attempt. I’ll start off by saying we found out December 3, 2011. I was 4 weeks 2 days (according to my last period). This was our first month trying so I was very anxious to see if it worked. A little too anxious for our first month I suppose; but that’s one of my character flaws. When I want something, I want it NOW! I tried to remind myself that God has his perfect timing & I even prayed that if it wasn’t the perfect timing that he would ease my desire a little. That helped calm me down & made me realize I have a perfect little son & if we’re meant to have another it would happen when God wanted it to. Well, I guess now is the perfect time. I kept expecting to get my period since I’d had a few negative tests (even though I felt the same as I did when pregnant w/ Connor). I was starting to feel like I was really a crazy person for making up symptoms when I wasn’t even pregnant. When I got to cycle day 31 I decided to test again. I usually have 26 day cycles so 31 days (even coming off my IUD, which was removed in the middle of October) was an unusually long cycle. Lo & behold, 2 pink lines! We are so happy. Of course Garrett wished we could’ve “tried” a little longer, he enjoyed that stage (such a man).

Onto the survey:
How far along are you? 4 weeks 5 days

Current cravings? Last night I craved a cheeseburger. This never happens but it was SO good. Complete w/ melted cheese and homemade pickled jalapenos. Today my body is asking for VEGGIES, lots of them, and maybe another cheeseburger.

Food aversions? Nothing really. Certain things sound undesirable but nothing sends me running for the bathroom yet.

Gender? I’m kind of thinking girl at this point & Garrett thinks it’s a boy. I honestly will be happy with either though. I have such a special bond with my boy that I know I’ll love a boy or a girl. It doesn’t matter. Guess we’ll find out in 14 or so weeks.

Any milestones? Finding out I’m pregnant

Other symptoms? I’m so sleepy. Last night I went to bed at 9:30. I’ve been sneezing like a nerd during allergy season. Vivid dreams have made an appearance again causing me to toss & turn most of the night. All I can think is that sleep will be harder to come by the farther along I get. I just want to get as much sleep as I can while I still have a child who sleeps through the night consistently. Bloating, OMG!! I haven’t been this bloated since…I was pregnant last time (one of my big clues that I was indeed pregnant despite some negative tests).

Maternity clothes? Not yet. I’m thankful to currently have a pair of jeans & a pair of slacks that were a little big prior to getting pregnant. It gives me a little extra room for this stupid bloat that makes me look 4 months pregnant instead of 1 (making it hard to hide from friends and family. We aren’t announcing until Christmas. We thought it would be a pretty cool Christmas present).

Weight gain? 0.8 pounds of water retention, hoping that goes away soon but I’m not holding my breath.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? We told right away when pregnant with Connor. This time we’re waiting a few weeks so we can tell at Christmas. It feels kind of special to have this little secret & I can’t wait to see the surprised look on the Grandparent’s faces. They don’t think we’re trying until January. It also seems less “real”. Somehow it seemed reasonable that Garrett & I could have 1 baby but having 2 seems unreal. Maybe it’s the fact that I already have 1 sweet little boy to hold my attention.

What I miss? Caffeine; I was a hardcore caffeine junky. I was trying to cut back while we were TTC but didn’t make as big of an effort as I could have. I’m still feeling a little withdrawal. Fourth day without caffeine though! I can do this.

What I’m looking forward to? Telling our parents & talking about it with Connor. We’re staying pretty quiet around him because he’s gotten pretty good at repeating & we would really like to keep it hush-hush until Christmas.

No comments: