Monday, March 26, 2012

14 & 15 weeks

Ok, I'm going to try & bang these out there this week so we can get current. I'm 20 weeks as of yesterday so hopefully by next Monday we'll be up to date.

14 Weeks

What a weekend. We had about 6 different house showings this weekend. We’re trying to get our place rented so we’re not paying 2 mortgages. Totally wouldn’t be happening. Luckily yesterday we found 2 good options. Their appointments kind of over-lapped a little bit so they knew there was a little competition. We picked a couple & were able to get the amount we had originally been asking for the place. This will all but cover our mortgage which is really the only thing we were concerned about. We’re not trying to make any money here, just trying to keep both properties floating. Their lease starts March 1st & our home doesn’t close until mid-May so we’ll be living w/ my parents for a few months. This will allow us to save even more towards our down payment. So much moving for 1 pregnant lady!

On Sunday we took our parents to see the model of our house that’s being built. It was nice for them to be able to see it. They all seemed to think it was quite nice. I was glad to see it again too. It’s hard to remember sometimes what we’re working towards. I panic about finances & think we’ll be just fine in our tiny little townhouse. It was a good reminder. Plus, I feel a little better now that I know our house is being rented out for the amount we needed. We got a nice long lease from them too.

How far along are you? 14 weeks + 1 day

Current cravings? Maple & Brown Sugar Mini Wheats. Connor has decided they’re his favorite cereal now too.

Food aversions? It’s getting better. I can’t think of anything specific off the top of my head. Mostly it’s a texture thing at this point. It might be something I normally like but if the texture is off, yuck.

Gender? This whole week I’ve been thinking girl. I have to remind myself that it might be a boy & to not get too attached to the idea of a girl. I really do love my boy so I wouldn’t love a boy less & I would love for Connor to have a brother. I think it would just be mourning the idea of having a daughter as this will likely be our last baby.

Any milestones? I’ve felt a few little baby taps in my tummy this week! It’s nothing consistent but it’s definitely not gas or muscle twitches. These are different. It’s so exciting & I can’t wait for them to be bigger & more consistent.

Other symptoms? Thanks to my low immune system I caught the “cold of death” this last week. I’m finally on the mend but it was a tough one. This has also been the week of “baby using my bladder as trampoline.” I can handle peeing 1-2 times per night but I’ve woken up as many as 5 times in one night during this past week. I’m hoping it was due to the increased water I was drinking to wet my dry mouth from breathing through my mouth due to the above mentioned cold. Hopefully when that is all gone I can go back to normal peeing.

Maternity clothes? Maternity pants all the way! Most pre-pregnancy shirts are ok right now.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? Nothing much that I haven’t already covered.

What I miss? Sleeping soundly.

What I’m looking forward to? Finding out the gender. I hate when I have to refer to the baby as “it” or “the baby”, I much prefer saying he or she.


& now 15 weeks

How far along are you? 15 weeks + 1 day

Current cravings? Cottage cheese & cauliflower + ranch. Oh, & baked mozzarella sticks that I make using sting cheese wrapped in wonton wrappers, spray w/ PAM & sprinkle w/ salt. I bake them at 400 for 15 minutes. Yum!

Food aversions? It comes & goes. Yesterday I was all excited to eat lasagna, garlic bread & broccoli. It all tasted horrible & I could hardly eat any of it. I made up for it though by eating a banana split.

Gender? Who the heck knows?! I just want to find out already!

Any milestones? Not really. Just a few more baby taps & rolls but they’re still few & far between.

Other symptoms? I must have peed 4 times before I fell asleep last night. Ridiculous!

Maternity clothes? Maternity pants all the way! Most pre-pregnancy shirts are ok right now.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? I swear I never peed this much when I was pregnant with Connor.

What I miss? Sleeping soundly.

What I’m looking forward to? Finding out the gender & feeling big, consistent kicks.

No comments: