Thursday, March 15, 2012

10 & 11 weeks combined

How far along are you? 10 weeks! Double digits!

Current cravings? Sour candy. Woman cannot live on candy alone so I eat other things cause I know I should.

Food aversions? I’ve hated the idea of lettuce for 3 or 4 weeks now.

Gender? I have no idea. I’d be super happy with either.

Any milestones? I’m ¼ of the way through this pregnancy. Crazy!

Other symptoms? This girl is tired! Plus I burp a lot. And I pee 2 times per night now.

Maternity clothes? Sometimes but most of my pre-pregnancy clothes still fit well enough. Work pants will be too small soon though.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? We aren’t panicking about money as much. The last few months have been tight because of getting out of a terrible lease but we’re in a better place this time around. Plus, I’m going to get to be a stay at home mom. I’ve always wanted that & am so excited.

What I miss? Having the energy to stay up past Connor’s bedtime & work on something for me. Now my “for me” time is vegging in bed watching Dexter.

What I’m looking forward to? Feeling the baby move. I especially love when you can see the whole belly move around. Also, Garrett & I have talked about maybe going to Great Wolf Lodge w/ Connor some weekend soon. We think he would have fun & it would be nice to relax, just the 3 (and ½) of us.

And.....11 Weeks

Garrett & I have been watching old Dexter episodes. We were caught up through season 4 but stopped watching because Connor got too aware for us to have it on while he was awake. We’ve got him on a consistent bedtime now so it’s more feasible to fit in an hour long show before we have to crash too. Season 5 is SO GOOD. We only have 2 episodes left. I’m hoping to fit them in tonight (even if we have to stay up a little late).

The big news from this week was our winter storm. It started snowing Saturday afternoon & pretty much didn’t stop until yesterday evening. Nice little 4 day vacation for me as it was not feasible to get Connor all the way to my parents’ house (who have worse snow & a nasty hill) & then to work. Connor & I had fun playing in the snow, losing a mitten (it’ll be interesting seeing where it was buried), watching movies, crocheting, naps & Connor learning a lot of 2 word phrases. He’s been a little slower on the talking front. I know he has it all up in his brain but he’s just a little slower than lots of kids. His doctor wasn’t concerned & said he could tell he had it going on in his head he just was taking his time. So since doc wasn’t concerned, I wasn’t either. It’s been really neat watching him put more & more words together & I’m glad I was at home with him when he really started doing it. The snow is starting to melt today so roads are improving but now it’s supposed to get windy. We have a lot of snow melting which means saturated ground plus a lot of weak trees from Thursday’s freezing rain in many parts. Add wind to that & I’m sure we’ll have quite a few power outages. I’ll get ready for lots of downed tree claims Monday morning when I get back to work.


How far along are you? 11 weeks + 1 day. The weeks just keep ticking by. I’m trying to savor this pregnancy since it’ll probably be my last.

Current cravings? Pepsi Max. However, I’m steering clear since it has twice the caffeine of regular pepsi.

Food aversions? Ugh, everything has been gross for the last week. I’ve actually lost weight at this point (about 3 pounds under pre-pregnancy weight)

Gender? I have no idea. I’d be super happy with either.

Any milestones? Not really. My 2nd appointment is coming up on Monday.

Other symptoms? Nothing tastes good. I can’t sleep. Thankfully 1st trimester ends very shortly so I’m hoping to turn a corner.

Maternity clothes? I wear some maternity jeans just because I bought them & they’re another option (plus they’re super comfy) but I can still wear my regular clothes. I haven’t worn work clothes all week because of the nasty weather so I guess I should try those on this weekend to make sure I have something to wear on Monday. The snow should be cleared by then so I’ll be expected to wear regular office clothes.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? I NEVER lost weight during my first pregnancy. I seemed to be hungry enough to only gain. I gained 35 pounds total & would really like to stay lower than that this time.

What I miss? Liking food.

What I’m looking forward to? I’m really looking forward to feeling the baby. That was my favorite part when pregnant w/ Connor. I’m also looking forward to getting some energy back & whipping our house into shape. I’m also hoping to hear the baby’s heartbeat on the doppler at my appointment on Monday. It might not happen though. I know doctors will hold off because sometime the dopplers just don’t pick anything up this early & they don’t want to alarm mothers. We’ll see though, I’m hopeful but not expecting it.

No comments: