Friday, March 16, 2012

12 & 13 Weeks

We are caught up with Dexter now. Now we have to wait until the next season starts THIS FALL! Holy cow, I will have a hard time waiting.

Also, another holy cow! to tell you about. We’re buying a house. We realized since moving back that 4 people are going to be so cramped in our little 2 bedroom townhouse. It’s a fine house for a couple, can maybe squeak by w/ 1 kid but it’s just not going to work for the 4 of us. There’s no room to set up a computer or a sewing machine. There’s nowhere to put guests. Obviously kids can share rooms but being that the rest of the living space is quite small we’re really too cramped & on top of each other all the time. We’ll leave the townhouse as a rental & move into the new house. We’re really excited to have our new 5 bedroom house built! There’s plenty of room for everyone to have their own room + a guest room, a sewing/craft room/office & there’s a nice little computer nook. There will be hardwood floors throughout much of the main level. And, I’ll finally have a soaking tub in my master bath & a WALK IN CLOSET! Ok, can you tell I’m excited!? Nervous but excited. It won’t be ready until May which is fine. Baby doesn’t come until August. Looks like I’ll be eating my words about saying I would “never move again while pregnant.” Oops. Never say never. I’ll be approximately 28 weeks pregnant at the time of closing. Guess someone else will be lifting the boxes.

Anyway, onto the baby info. I had my 2nd OB appointment Monday the 23rd. I got the results from my ultrasound that I’d had a few weeks back. Everything looked normal & I have a new due date of August 12th. So, these updates will be on Sundays (maybe Mondays since I tend to write them at work. Shame on me) from now on.

How far along are you? 12 weeks + 1 day. I’m almost out of the 1st trimester. Depending on which doctor you talk to some will call you in the 2nd trimester at 12 weeks (because all of the baby’s major systems have been formed at this point) & some like to divide it into 3 equal parts. I’ll call myself in the 2nd trimester for sure at 13 weeks 3 days.

Current cravings? Homemade nachos w/ no meat. Garrett is getting tired of them.

Food aversions? Quite a bit. I’m still not eating tons but it is getting better I think.

Gender? I have no idea. I’d be super happy with either.

Any milestones? I reached 12 weeks which is when the risk of miscarriage goes down significantly. I heard the baby’s heart beat on the Doppler last Monday for the first time. Very exciting.

Other symptoms? Horrible sleep, which makes my 1st tri exhaustion even worse.
Maternity clothes? I’m pretty much in all maternity pants. I’ve popped out quite a bit this week & they are comfy. Mostly regular shirts though.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? I’m pretty sure my mind was more consumed with being pregnant last time. I think my plate is just much fuller this time around so it gets pushed to the back of my mind. We’ve had a lot going on lately so I suppose that’s understandable.

What I miss? Sleeping soundly

What I’m looking forward to? Feeling the baby flop, kick & punch + finding out the gender.


and now 13 weeks!

How far along are you? 13 weeks + 1 day

Current cravings? Belgian waffles. We have the most amazing mix for them so they’re super easy for nights I don’t feel like cooking.

Food aversions? Getting a little better. I’m still pretty picky & haven’t gained any weight yet. Still down 2 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight.

Gender? This week I’m thinking girl. This is about the time I had a pretty clear idea that Connor was a boy, & I was right. My mother-in-law is pretty certain it’s a girl too. Only time will tell. Of course I’d be super happy with another boy but I guess it would be nice to have 1 of each.

Any milestones? This is the week I’m out of my 1st trimester. Let the 2nd trimester begin!

Other symptoms? Horrible sleep & crazy pregnant lady freak-outs. Hello, I’m pregnant & buying a house & quitting my job. SO MANY CHANGES! Also, I’m loving the clear skin pregnancy gives me. Last time it lasted all the way through when I was done nursing Connor.

Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity pants but I forgot to wash my ONE pair of work pants this weekend so I got out my pre-pregnancy work pants. Thankfully with the weight loss it makes up for the bump taking up extra room. I just shimmy the band down below my tummy & I’ve been ok today.

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? Nothing much that I haven’t already covered.

What I miss? Sleeping soundly. Also, a nice glass of wine every now & then. Not that I was a boozer by any stretch of the imagination but it was nice every once in a while.

What I’m looking forward to? Feeling the baby flop, kick & punch + finding out the gender.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Buying a house is a great goal for the New Year. Make sure that resolution has some back up with a life insurance policy. You can get a quick and easy quote from IntelliQuote in just minutes. Find out how little it could cost to keep (and protect) that home for future generations. http://bit.ly/GEQ6M5