Monday, April 2, 2012

21 Weeks plus gender reveal

We had our anatomy scan on Wednesday. I was so nervous going into it. I just didn’t know what my feelings would be when they let us know boy or girl. I thought I might be sad if it was a boy because it would mean saying goodbye to ever having a daughter. I kind of thought we wanted a girl. You know, one of each. When the tech said boy it was all perfectly clear. I could see our future vacations & playing at the park together. I could see Connor & his little brother being the best of friends. I absolutely love the bond I have with Connor & can’t wait to have it again with this baby. I think I wanted a girl because I thought I should want a girl. I am so thrilled to be the mother of 2 boys & I know that I don’t need one of each to make our family complete.

How far along are you? 21 weeks + 1 day.

Current cravings? Cheese

Belly button in or out? Shallow

Gender? See above. We’re having a little boy!!!

Any milestones? Finding out we’re having a little boy & that he looks perfectly healthy.

Other symptoms? I’m feeling more & more kicks. Love it!

Anything different between this pregnancy & last? Nothing to note today.

What I miss? Not having to roll out of bed.

What I’m looking forward to? Closing on our house! We went for a visit this weekend. The hardwood floors are in. Can I just say that we did a fantastic job picking them out?! I love them! The cabinets are in too & look awesome. There’s a little hiccup with the hardwood/carpet line that should hopefully be fixed. This just in, Garrett texted and said the hardwood/carpet line is being fixed!

Working on any projects? Finding out that we’re having a boy has given me the chance to pick out colors for some baby projects. I bought some yarn to knit a blanket & my mom & I picked out yarn for her to crochet a blanket. I’m really excited about the colors we’ve chosen. I’ve also purchased some yarn to make a giant “pouf” for the living room. An extra pop of color (it’s a really nice mustard color) that will act as some extra seating. I’d like to make some for the boys’ rooms too but I’ll have to wait & finish the first one before I buy more yarn.

No comments: