Friday, March 19, 2010

Connor-six months old!!

How did he become six months old??? It seems like it was just yesterday that we came home, yet it seems like I've know him forever. How was it that I lived happily without him? My life would not be complete without him.


He's grown and changed so much in the last six months, it's incredible. I looked back at some newborn pictures & he's a completely different baby but to me it seems like he looks exactly the same as he did when he was born. He's changed right before my eyes & I didn't even realize it.


He had his 6 month well baby checkup today. Here are the stats:


Height 27 3/4 inches (90th %tile). Tall baby.


Weight: 15lb 11oz (20th %tile). Skinny baby.


Head: 18cm (I think??) 92nd %tile. He's got a big noggin just like his parents.


His pediatrician wasn't concerned about the drop in weight %tile. (He's always hovered around the 50th %tile) He said most breastfed babies have a dip around six months. Add in the fact that he's crazy active (seriously, he is kicking, pivoting, wiggling ALL.DAY.LONG), he burns more calories in a day than the average baby. He's just a slim baby. I'm okay with that, it makes him easier to carry. Imagine if I had to carry around a 20 pound baby.

He got 3 more shots. He didn't cry for the first 2 but did for the last. The medical assistant said the last 1 stings more than the other 2. Good thing she knows to give that one last. She's awesome (last time Connor didn't cry at all), I requested that she be the one to give him his shots again.

Pictures from his appointment to come soon.

No comments: