Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ten Things Tuesday

1. Connor has started sleeping better ::knocks on wood::. We're getting 5-6 hours for his first stretch of sleep & then 3 hours and another 2.

2. We think the reason is....we moved him to his own room. For the first 3 1/2 months he WOULD NOT sleep by himself. You had to hold him. Now, he sleeps better by himself. When he wakes slightly in his room, he puts himself back to sleep. When he wakes slightly with me in the room, he knows I'm there and insists on nursing. If I had my first choice, I would still want him with us (he seems so far away) but I'm doing what's best for everyone.

3. Oddly enough I'm actually more tired now that he's sleeping better. I think before I was in survival mode, now my body actually wants real sleep & wants to make up for the last 4 months. I slept a total of 9 hours last night and am still very sleepy. Don't get me wrong, I actually prefer getting sleep. I'm just hoping this passes.


4. I think I need a pedicure. Maybe this afternoon. We'll see.

5. I also need to get my eyebrows done. It's already pre-paid, I just hate getting it done. It kinda hurts.

6. I finally found new slacks for work this weekend. Finally a pair that are long enough. They were 25% off too (not that they were cheap to start out with but slacks are kind of a necessity).



7. I have some things from Amazon.com coming this week. I'm excited.






The first thing is that little blue guy (for Connor of course). It's made by the same company (Vulli) that makes Sophie the Giraffe.


The next is a book called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. I've been told by a number of sources that it's the best book to help understand the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and apeture. I'm hoping it'll give me some insight and help me improve my photography.




The last is a light scoop. It's a light diffuser that fits over your existing on board flash. It bounces the light so you don't get such harsh flash light on your subject. Below is an example.


8. Wow #7 was involved. I should get back to work. I'll hurry up.


9. I left my lunch at home :( Guess I'll get something out.


10. I want to start using coupons. If anyone has a good website that helps, please let me know. I know of grocery game but maybe there's something out there you don't have to pay for.


11. (bonus) I'll get pictures of #35 and beyond here hopefully tonight.

1 comment:

creative side said...

I'm so glad to hear that Connor is sleeping better and you as well. I think you are right about being in survival mode for the first few months. Your body does what it has to, but finally demands sleep. I like your TTT.